Meebo

Thursday 3 June 2010

Game Skipped A Pre-Jail Video With Lil Wayne To Record With Dre

If he would have just gotten on a plane from L.A. to Miami, the Game could have added to Lil Wayne's pre-prison video-shoot marathon. The Compton MC said one of the standout cuts from his Red Room mixtape, "Everything Red," was supposed to be a single from The R.E.D. Album, but he didn't shoot a visual. 

"I flaked on the video," Game said of the track, which features Lil Wayne and Birdman. "Bird was like, 'Listen, daddy, you can come down here. Junior is gonna turn himself in next Wednesday. You can come down here. We can shoot the video before Junior go in. You just have that in the safe.' I blew it. I didn't make it down. Once he went [to jail], I was like, 'I can't use this.' I didn't want to save it, so I gave it away. That was like, 'Single!' "
So what was so important that he couldn't make it to Miami for his own video? He was finishing up tracks with the most successful hip-hop producer in the world. 

"I think I was in with Dr. Dre. I couldn't move," he thought back. "I think we was finishing up his records. When Dre is mixing, you don't leave. You gotta stay posted. But I couldn't move. So I gave it away. Fans appreciate it, though." 

One of the Dre-produced records that will appear on his album is called "Dead People." On the track, Game thinks of who he wants to murder and how he's going to get away with it. The R.E.D. Album has been pushed back to later this summer, but the MC promised another mixtape before then.

source - http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1640639/20100602/story.jhtml

No comments:

Post a Comment