Meebo

Thursday 17 June 2010

Dre Says Leaked 'Under Pressure' Was 'An Incomplete Song'

Not this way, says Dr. Dre. He doesn't want people to hear any of his music before it is done. On Wednesday, an incomplete version of the much-hyped Dre and Jay-Z duet "Under Pressure" leaked to the Internet, and the Doc responded on Thursday (June 17) on the Interscope website.

Simply titled "Message from Dre," the statement reads: "I want to set the record straight for everybody who's been waiting to hear my music. The song that's out on the Internet is an incomplete song that I'm still working on. When it's ready, you'll be hearing it from me."

"Under Pressure" is a song from Dre's much-hyped Detox album. Neither the song nor the LP has a release date. In the meantime, Interscope and Dre are focused on releasing the potentially blockbuster project from Eminem, Recovery, which lands officially on Monday (June 22).

The bootleg of "Under Pressure" has no chorus, at least not the version that was leaked. Keep in mind, Dre has been known to do a few different versions of his songs before he feels they are ready for public consumption. The leaked version featured the Compton icon batting leadoff.

"The long-awaited Detox, bitch," Dre said to commence the song. "But maybe I don't wanna stop/ Maybe I don't wanna quit/ Maybe I like ho's/ Maybe I don't want a wife/ Maybe I'm psycho/ ... Maybe we need to breathe some life in this sh--/ Maybe we are the life of this sh--."

After a space with no vocals, where the chorus would presumably go, Jay-Z arrives on the song.

"Dre, I think I need my sponsor," he says.

"Trying to grow, but I just can't seem ta/ Having trouble cleaning up, I'm like FEMA/ All these little haters got me back with the nina/ Got me bringing guns to work, Gilbert Arenas," the Jiggaman adds later in his bars. "I'm in this party/ I'm up to no good/ And I should be ducking these clubs, Tiger Woods."

Besides Jay-Z, the collaborators that Dre has had in the lab with him for Detox have been pretty impressive — as expected. Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, the Game, Nas, R. Kelly, Scott Storch, T.I., Nas, 50 Cent and Eminem have all recorded with Dre over the past few years for the album. 

1 comment:

  1. At first I did not like "Under pressure". But with the studio beats, it sounds pretty good ! Before you listen to it, you must forget what you expect Detox to be, and just enjoy the song. Peace Uzee.

    ReplyDelete