Meebo

Wednesday 30 September 2009

Warren G touches on Detox

Sherron Shabazz spoke iwth Warren G about his new album The G-Files. Warren G also touched upon Dr Dre and Detox.

SS: About 10 years ago you hit the road with Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, and Eminem on the Up in Smoke Tour. We keep hearing that Dr. Dre's final album Detox is coming, is there any chance that we can get an Up in Smoke 2 in the summer of 2010?

Warren G: Well I'm definitely trying to get on that Detox tour!!! I'm on that!! I'm on!

SS: Can you confirm that there will be a Detox tour?

Warren G: It's gonna have to be and I'm on!

SS: Did you work on the Detox album?

Warren G: Not yet. I'm just waiting on the call. He'll be calling me pretty soon. I'm gonna go down there, work with him, and do my thing. The records I've heard so far are incredible. It's real dope. He's doing his thing.

SS: In my opinion he's the greatest of all time...

Warren G: Who me? (laughs)

SS: (laughs) Nah, your brother man!

Warren G: It's all good.

SS: I think Dr. Dre is going to come with something special because so many people count him out.

Warren G: I can't wait 'till he drops it so he can shut all this [bs] music down. It's gonna be a good record man, and I can't wait.

SS: Can you give me an example of the [bs] music that's out there (laughs)?

Warren G: I'm not a hater. It's just some [stuff] out there where you just say to yourself, how did this get on the radio? Man...I'm like...wow!

Source - http://www.examiner.com/x-14684-HipHop-Music-Examiner~y2009m9d30-Q--A-with-Warren-G

No comments:

Post a Comment