Meebo

Saturday 20 June 2009

50 Cent Gives Details On Detox

50 Cent recently talked about Dr Dre's long-awaited "Detox" album. Saying the high-anticipated LP will have ten tracks, 50 gave his opinion on it. "Dre is actually working," the G-Unit general promised fans during a recent interview. "I heard eight records. When it takes this long, I'ma tell you what I heard. I heard eight and Em [Eminem] said it's ten. So it's probably two I didn't get a chance to hear."

50 went on to talk about the album being delayed. "I think [the wait] actually builds more pressure. Are you trying to get it or are you trying to scare the sh*t out of 'em? I know, its been taking him a long time. [He's also] so critical of himself at the same time. You know what it is too, I look at it like this. I love some of the things he thinks that are just 'good'... I kinda feel like I can gauge what is necessary at this point...When's the last time you heard a hip-hop record that didn't have an R&B chorus in the Top 10? You understand what I'm saying. It's changing hip-hop music to the point where it's necessary for you to have an R&B artist or perform like an R&B artist on the hook...You can tell the deejay to slow down but when motherf*cking [Black Eyed Peas' ] 'Boom Boom Pow' is No. 1, how you gonna tell the artist what to make?"

Source - http://www.rapbasement.com/50-cent/0618 ... album.html

No comments:

Post a Comment